Pelatuk Indonesia works to protect hornbill species in North Sumatera province, Indonesia. We do this by focusing on research, media campaigns and capacity building for local communities.
ASAP Species That We Work On
What We Do
For now Pelatuk indonesia's work is focused on the Sumatera Hornbill Conservation Plan and are engaged in, or plan to commence the following activities
- Monitoring Helmeted Hornbill in North Sumatera
- Produce a documentary about hornbills and forest people in Kampar, Riau province
- Create an animated film about hornbill conservation
- Build a fan page and begin social media engagement
- Cultivate partnerships with other local communities and NGOs for hornbill conservation
Where We Work
We based in Medan, North Sumatera with an office in Binjai (arround 20 km from Medan). The area we work in is Buffer zone of Gunung Leuser National Park in North Sumatera side, in the areas managed by Kesatuan Pengelolaan Hutan Wilayah 1 –Stabat (KPH) Forestry Office for North Sumatera Province.