The White-bellied Heron Working Group is part of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Species Survival Commission (SSC) Heron Specialist Group. The White-belied Heron Working Group’s function is to act as a coordinating body to ensure an active and strategic approach to the conservation of the White-bellied Heron.
ASAP Species That We Work On
- White-bellied Heron Ardea insignis
What We Do
The Working Group brings together dedicated individuals from research institutions, non-governmental and governmental organisations. It comprises people from all White-bellied Heron range states, as well as those offering additional required expertise and support.
- Funding and fundraising support in-line with the WBH Conservation Strategy
- Capacity Development opportunities – linking and providing skills, knowledge exchange, training and formal qualifications
- Support in obtaining in-kind donations
- Support in the form of advice and guidance.
Where We Work
White-bellied Heron range states, including – Bhutan, India, Myanmar and China. We are most active in Bhutan and India where there are more opportunities to develop and support work on the species.
Web & Social Media
Featured image: Rebecca Pradhan